how to generate plane geometry trails before object?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
piotrek255
Posts: 22
Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 18:18

how to generate plane geometry trails before object?

Post by piotrek255 » 28 Nov 2012, 17:30

Hi

I have a moving object moving along swirly path, is there a way to generate plane geometry trail? like in the movie tron, so i can add gradient on it or some other procedural texture.

User avatar
TwinSnakes007
Posts: 316
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:00

Re: how to generate plane geometry trails before object?

Post by TwinSnakes007 » 28 Nov 2012, 19:37

Lemme know what you figure out, because I need the same thing. But, I thought there was something already like this...a sprite that is always camera facing. Need to check the docs I think.

angelous4x
Posts: 133
Joined: 06 Nov 2011, 04:24
Location: new York

Re: how to generate plane geometry trails before object?

Post by angelous4x » 29 Nov 2012, 18:15

hey

there is a few ways that come to mind.
one is to use the emtopolizer buy eric mootz, you can leave a trail of merged messges.

or have a single particle with a a strand trailing it, and deform on a strand using. "PND_deform and strand" compound.

or just simply extrude on a path using Mx_loft or power extrude.

hope this helps

forton
Posts: 210
Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57

Re: how to generate plane geometry trails before object?

Post by forton » 29 Nov 2012, 23:58

I want to do something similar, maybe this effect is something to start from:
Tronhorse.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Daniel Brassard
Posts: 878
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario

Re: how to generate plane geometry trails before object?

Post by Daniel Brassard » 30 Nov 2012, 01:18

$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif