question about instances linked back to the objects ID

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
aio
Posts: 36
Joined: 23 Oct 2012, 00:12

question about instances linked back to the objects ID

Post by aio » 24 Nov 2012, 01:02

Hello community,

A simple question i couldn't figure out.
I want to instance a group of objects but have one instance for each object and keep it at the same location as the original.
I want to do that to be able to control their animation time through a trigger for example. like here : https://vimeo.com/18247384

I could figure how to add a point for each member of the group (particule ID in the screen capture) but i got trouble with the instances.


Image
The index for the instance group doesn't seems to be per object.

Help me please !
thanks

aio
Posts: 36
Joined: 23 Oct 2012, 00:12

Re: question about instances linked back to the objects ID

Post by aio » 24 Nov 2012, 02:32

Ok After some digging i found a ready made solution :
Emit SRT matched instances
http://andy.moonbase.net/downloads?dl_cat=1

I used Andy's compound in modeling stack.
Animated render/view visibility on my group elements (image 1 no, image 2 yes)

instance frame time 0.
There's a inside geometry trigger that make elements appear progressively like a stop motion construction.
But other type of animation are possible for each element of the group.

Image
Image

But that I wonder for education sake how to do the same without that compound.