Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
User avatar
ActionArt
Posts: 853
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
Location: Canada

Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

Post by ActionArt » 23 Nov 2012, 04:00

This website seems to have been down for about a month now:

http://www.mentalimages.com

Can anyone else see it? Have they just blocked me personally :-\

The only other sort of official page I can find is this one which is just a scrambled mess which is pretty much unreadable:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-mental-ray.html

Weird. Hope their working on MR harder than they are their website.

User avatar
nixx
Posts: 42
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:25

Re: Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

Post by nixx » 23 Nov 2012, 04:05

mentalimages.com works for me here... :-??
I 'm child, and man, and child again; the boy never gets older.

my Vimeo

Kzin
Posts: 432
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:36

Re: Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

Post by Kzin » 23 Nov 2012, 08:06

if you want information then go to the forum. its the same with ad's website. its not for the users, its more for investors.

Falam

Re: Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

Post by Falam » 23 Nov 2012, 12:52

ActionArt wrote:This website seems to have been down for about a month now:

http://www.mentalimages.com

Can anyone else see it? Have they just blocked me personally :-\

The only other sort of official page I can find is this one which is just a scrambled mess which is pretty much unreadable:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-mental-ray.html

Weird. Hope their working on MR harder than they are their website.
I tried it and it isn't working for me either, lately alot of web sites I come across have been neglected, maybe they are doing a internet cleansing :)

User avatar
ActionArt
Posts: 853
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
Location: Canada

Re: Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

Post by ActionArt » 23 Nov 2012, 13:10

nixx wrote:mentalimages.com works for me here... :-??
So it IS a conspiracy! :ymsmug:

I tried it from home, office, and a couple public connections so this whole area is blacked out. Oddly, I can go to the forum so I guess I'll inquire there...

I don't really need anything I was just curious as to why it would be down for so long. Maybe a key server got flooded on the east coast or something.

User avatar
Daniel Brassard
Posts: 878
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario

Re: Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

Post by Daniel Brassard » 23 Nov 2012, 16:57

Those are the resources I used so far (I checked the linked before posting, all good from my end):

http://forum.mentalimages.com/forum.php
http://www.metasl.org/
http://elementalray.wordpress.com/
http://mentalraytips.blogspot.ca/
http://www.mymentalray.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
http://www.lamrug.org/
http://www.mrmaterials.com/
http://www.writingshaders.com/

For those that speak german (or don't mind using google translator)

http://germanmentalray.de/
I tried it from home, office, and a couple public connections so this whole area is blacked out.
Black Friday .... gone shopping =))
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

Post by luceric » 23 Nov 2012, 18:03

the site doesn't load for me.

User avatar
ActionArt
Posts: 853
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
Location: Canada

Re: Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

Post by ActionArt » 23 Nov 2012, 18:09

Ya strange, loads for some, not for others, the forum loads but not the main site. Weird.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 Nov 2012, 20:35

It's strange indeed...
I have just taken the time to visit several of the online "website up/down" tools. And strangely enough even they seem to disagree. This one, for instance, gets me an "up", while this one states it's down.
Could be country/continent specific. Here in the Netherlands it can be accessed without problems. But as you're able to access their forum, I would worry too much about their main website as IMHO there's not very much to see there, anyway. (And as you are able to access their forum you might want to mention this problem there as well.)

You could try accessing it through a webbased proxy...
:-??
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
ActionArt
Posts: 853
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
Location: Canada

Re: Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

Post by ActionArt » 23 Nov 2012, 21:03

Interesting. Maybe they have something against Canada ;)

I don't really care at all about the site (wasn't that great as you say) except I'm hoping it doesn't indicate that they're folding up MR operations all together and that's the end of the line. Probably not but it is odd.

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

Post by luceric » 23 Nov 2012, 21:35

can happen I think when there is a DNS update that needs to propagate worldwide

Falam

Re: Is www.mentalimages.com website dead?

Post by Falam » 24 Nov 2012, 00:12

luceric wrote:can happen I think when there is a DNS update that needs to propagate worldwide
True, could be.