Comments on finished work
-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Post
by milanvasek » 02 Oct 2009, 10:58
Hi!
Ellie is supposed to be main character of little point&click adventure game. She is a witchcraft student

It's done in XSI, but i also tried workflow with Zbrush and 3dcoat (for retopology) on her head.
I was finally able to get skin look i wanted with 3delight for Softimage (version 2, artist edition)
Lighting is pretty simple. Just two spot lights with shadow maps, ambient occlusion and incidence passes used as masks for some color correction in comp.
and here is sketch i did in Sketchbook (i love this little software)
http://www.milanvasek.com/blog/game/ellieweb2.jpg
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 02 Oct 2009, 11:06
Very nice, I like it! ;)
How much time did you spend on this?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Post
by owei » 02 Oct 2009, 11:24
Wow..!
Great work.! I like the mood, posing and coloring...very nice..! Keep it up and keep posting here..!
cheers,
oliver
-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Post
by milanvasek » 02 Oct 2009, 11:38
thanks...
i can't really tell how much time i spent on this. it could be something like 4-5 nights of 3d work, texturing etc + some time to make a sketch (i changed it several times)

-
Mootzoid
- Administrator
- Posts: 244
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 16:48
- Location: Germany/France
Post
by Mootzoid » 02 Oct 2009, 17:48
Very nice work!

-
Leo
- Posts: 128
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 15:06
Post
by Leo » 02 Oct 2009, 18:13
I like Ellie. She's a cute gal.
-
X-said
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 17:33
- Location: Omsk RF
Post
by X-said » 03 Oct 2009, 10:20
awesome

-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Post
by milanvasek » 03 Oct 2009, 10:24
thank you
here is concept of library where the game should begin.
i'm going to make 3d scene with Ellie walking there in night, lit by candlelight etc

-
ShaderOp
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 11 Sep 2009, 18:15
- Skype: shaderop
Post
by ShaderOp » 03 Oct 2009, 15:32
Beautiful style, both in 2d and 3d. And it's also refreshing to see a female character with her cleavage tucked in.
Great work

-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Post
by Maximus » 03 Oct 2009, 22:59
man you're so talented ...
Impressive as usual.
-
Deracus
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 05 Jun 2009, 08:24
- Location: Leipzig, Germany
Post
by Deracus » 04 Oct 2009, 15:44
Awesome work, that you show us here.
You got very much talent and i´m curious to see more of it. It´s great to see your progress. It would be nice to see more.
-
moxi
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 10 Sep 2009, 21:31
Post
by moxi » 05 Oct 2009, 19:18
nice work. I like the the style of the character and the general mood and lighting is inviting.
My only crits would be on the hair and perhaps the blur effect/compositing.
Re: Hair --> given the nice work you did on the skin and the clothing, I think the hair might be more effective if it had as tactile a quality as everything else that you have achieved with the materials. The general shape is nice and I am not suggesting that you go to full 3d hair or anything of that sort, I just think that perhaps there is a better material than a base colored phong or blinn that it appears that you have used. Hopefully a texture, bump and/or material refinement is all that is necessary to achieve the tactile quality versus any remodeling in conjunction with this approach.
Re: blur effect or compositing in general --> all is very nice...and I realize that this is just a still, but I think that the blur that is causing the socks and the left hand from having a glow is a bit distracting. Moreso on the socks than the hand as the hand is holding the orb, and I think the orb can glow and do stuff, but the socks look more like an artifact than a purposeful effect. Just my opinion.
Overall, great character. She looks like she would be fun to animate.
-
Werner
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30
Post
by Werner » 09 Oct 2009, 08:04
Wow...this is awesome. I love the concept stuff as well.
She's got allot of character. I would just tone down the bloom effect a slight bit.
Show us more please.

-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Post
by milanvasek » 10 Oct 2009, 13:24
thanks
moxi: you are right about that glow... and also about hair
btw, i put some info about this image here:
http://www.milanvasek.com/blog/?page_id=133
-
farhaad_yousefi
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 20:45
- Yahoo Messenger: farhaad_yousefi@yahoo.com
- Location: tehran-iran
Post
by farhaad_yousefi » 18 Oct 2009, 12:58
nice and cute...how's 3dcoat.!? just for resurfacing.!?
-
Squizmek
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 11:13
- Skype: squizmek
Post
by Squizmek » 21 Oct 2009, 12:45
Very beautiful work! I especially like the library.
2 things I prefer in the sketch over the 3D model:
- The shape of the eyes
- The black eyebrows