Turbulize problem on Strands.

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
Werner
Posts: 157
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30

Turbulize problem on Strands.

Post by Werner » 01 Oct 2009, 19:56

I'm using "create strands" with a slight curl on a simple object.
When I use Turbulize around value to vary the strand length or shape it looks cool as long as I don't translate the object in space. The strands move around as they are being translated through world space.
How do I deform the shape of strands using turbulize without it constantly changing shape when I move the object around. I want the effect to be static...

I'm sure I'm missing something stupid.

Leo
Posts: 128
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 15:06

Re: Turbulize problem on Strands.

Post by Leo » 02 Oct 2009, 12:42

Turbulence is always spatially dependent, so there's your problem.
Just go into the concerning turbulize X compound and replace the pointposition with a set of positions that remains static.