I just start to render in SI. So I'm not really used to set anything up. I just realized if I delete an environment from the pass shaders (within render manager) it is gone, but not in the pass explorer the environment is still listed there. Is there a way to get it back into the environment slot? I can double click it, see all its settings, but didn't find a way to drag it into the pass shader window. Is this environment lost or is there a way to revive it?
Also, if I double click on the vray environment shader (background color override) plug icon, I can add an image as a color. But how do I set its projection? No way to do this! And I don't have the feeling that its projection is a spherical one. Anybody ever set up a hdri environemt in VRay for lighting and reflection? If I use the standard environment the hdr is much too dark and the mulipliers don't work to make it bighter. But I don't get how the vray one is to set up. Also, in the material manager I can use a vray environment shader node, but plugin it in the environment of my shader leaves everything black. Mmmh?!?!?
Cheers!
Vray environment shader
Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Vray environment shader
Post by Pancho » 16 Nov 2012, 14:27
- Board index
- All times are UTC
- Privacy Policy
- Contact / Legal Notice
1 post
• Page 1 of 1
Jump to
- Guidelines
- Read me first
- General
- ↳ News
- ↳ Announcements
- ↳ Migration
- ↳ 3ds Max
- ↳ Blender
- ↳ Cinema 4D
- ↳ Houdini
- ↳ Maya
- ↳ Modo
- ↳ Fabric Engine
- ↳ Other software
- ↳ Cooperation & Jobs
- ↳ Open Discussion
- ↳ Feedback
- Showroom
- ↳ WIP
- ↳ Finished Work
- ICE section
- ↳ ICE
- ↳ ICE & Math
- ↳ ICE Tutorials
- Softimage
- ↳ Modeling
- ↳ Materials & Shaders
- ↳ Animation
- ↳ Rigging & Face Robot
- ↳ Rendering
- ↳ Compositing
- ↳ Simulation
- ↳ Programming
- ↳ Softimage Mod Tool
- ↳ Plugins
- ↳ Tutorials
- ↳ Tutorials on YouTube
- ↳ General & Troubleshooting
- Download
- ↳ Upload Instructions
- ↳ Models&Scenes
- ↳ ICE Compounds
- ↳ Plugins
- ↳ Materials
- ↳ Scripts
- ↳ FX-Tree
- Archived Forums
- ↳ Community Projects
- ↳ Community Animation Project
- ↳ Legacy CAP archive
- ↳ Community ICE Project