Final Gather in Append mode

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
Maximus
Posts: 1121
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45

Final Gather in Append mode

Post by Maximus » 13 Nov 2012, 20:33

Hey guys, i'm havin a bit of trouble with Final gather set to Append new FG points to file.
As far as I know it should create one file only in which all the FG points are stored, instead it keeps creating a final gather file for each frame ending up in a 300 final gather files.
am I doing something wrong or this is a bug?

softimage 2013 SP1. Would be nice if someone could confirm this.

Just do an animation set the FG to Append and start the render

User avatar
FXDude
Posts: 1145
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59

Re: Final Gather in Append mode

Post by FXDude » 14 Nov 2012, 04:48

I think you also need to remove the "[Frame]" from the [Pass].[Frame].fgmap in the map file field
for it to append to one file.