I always had a interest in modelling applications but this is more due gaming.
I started with xsi when the mod tool came in the days of half-life 2.
Since then i could never let go of it, the program is a master piece.
What i always wanted to do however is working with data files like csv (comma seperated values) or tsv (tab seperated values) in softimage.
I have been trying things and the String node in si doesn't work with returns for example.
Also there is a limit of 30000 characters for the string node.
Now i try to do it with jscript but what i would prefer is 2 descent ice nodes.
One is for creating a 2d array from a file structured like this:

Each row will be a new array, and its suited for files that have a lot of rows.
The ice node will look something like this:

Then another node would be able to create multiple arrays.
For data like this:

Where also the amount of rows can be huge but the amount of columns is fixed.
The node would look like this:

It would recognise the amount of columns and create that amount of array outputs.
I hope someone is interested in this and willing to help me.
I don't need it for my studie, it's just a unexplored thing for me and i do like to tests about data visualisation in softimage.
The node is meant to be released public and i would prefer open source as well but i leave that up to the programmer.
I'm able to pay a small amount of money but this won't be much since i have no job and i'm hoping for someone who does this for the love of softimage.
please let me know if your interested.
Moderator edit: I've overruled EricTRocks advice and moved this thread to "Plugins",
as the "Cooperation & Jobs" forum should kept as "clean" as possible, IMHO. - HB







