What are some of blogs you follow?
-
daydream
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 26 Oct 2012, 03:29
What are some of blogs you follow?
Hello Si-community, just a 3D novice here.
I have started using Softimage not too long ago and
was wondering if the users here can recommend some blogs
related to SI, SI dev, game dev or the animation industry in general.
I have done some research but the result is unfruitful.
Here are some of the blogs I often visit.
Softimage Creative
Planet Softimage
XSI Support
Gamasutra
IndieGames
Thank you in advance.
I have started using Softimage not too long ago and
was wondering if the users here can recommend some blogs
related to SI, SI dev, game dev or the animation industry in general.
I have done some research but the result is unfruitful.
Here are some of the blogs I often visit.
Softimage Creative
Planet Softimage
XSI Support
Gamasutra
IndieGames
Thank you in advance.
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Re: What are some of blogs you follow?
Gratuitous self promotion:
http://www.ethivierge.com - Scripting / Rigging related posts
http://www.darkvertex.com - Alan Fregtman's blog
http://withanar.blogspot.com/ - Bradley Gabe, sift through some of the older posts for ICE tutorials
http://www.ethivierge.com - Scripting / Rigging related posts
http://www.darkvertex.com - Alan Fregtman's blog
http://withanar.blogspot.com/ - Bradley Gabe, sift through some of the older posts for ICE tutorials
-
gdebello
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 13:39
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Re: What are some of blogs you follow?
With all the ones listed above, I also follow:
http://www.rray.de/xsi/
Anto Matkovic (Kristinka Hair)
Andy Nicholas
Ola Madsen
Glen
http://www.rray.de/xsi/
Anto Matkovic (Kristinka Hair)
Andy Nicholas
Ola Madsen
Glen
I use Softimage for game development. Is there really anything else?
http://www.gdebello.blogspot.com
http://www.gdebello.blogspot.com
-
csaez
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 13:31
- Skype: csaezmargotta
- Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: What are some of blogs you follow?
Some technical artists:
Alok Gandhi:
http://alokgandhi.com/blog
Ciaran Maloney:
http://blog.blackredking.org
Chad Vernom:
http://www.chadvernon.com/blog
Charles Looker:
http://charleslooker.wordpress.com
Chris Marshall:
http://dot3d.blogspot.com
Cedric Bazillou:
http://circecharacterworks.wordpress.com
Vegard Myklebust:
http://www.eggswhyzed.com
David Suroviec:
http://davipalooza.blogspot.com
Jeremy Ernst:
http://jeremyernst.wordpress.com
Jo Plaete:
http://joplaete.wordpress.com
Jose Esteve:
http://www.joesfer.com
Julian Johnson:
http://julianjohnsonsblog.blogspot.com
Ahmidou Lyazidi:
http://xsi-memo.over-blog.com
Richard Kazuo Maegaki:
http://riggerman.animationblogspot.com
Sean Nolan:
http://www.snolan.net
Christopher Evans:
http://www.chrisevans3d.com/pub_blog
Matt ???:
http://td-matt.blogspot.com
Fabian Giesen:
http://fgiesen.wordpress.com
Victor Vinyals:
http://victorvinyals.blogspot.com
Rob Galanakis:
http://www.robg3d.com
And here's mine: http://csaez.blogspot.com
Cheers!
Alok Gandhi:
http://alokgandhi.com/blog
Ciaran Maloney:
http://blog.blackredking.org
Chad Vernom:
http://www.chadvernon.com/blog
Charles Looker:
http://charleslooker.wordpress.com
Chris Marshall:
http://dot3d.blogspot.com
Cedric Bazillou:
http://circecharacterworks.wordpress.com
Vegard Myklebust:
http://www.eggswhyzed.com
David Suroviec:
http://davipalooza.blogspot.com
Jeremy Ernst:
http://jeremyernst.wordpress.com
Jo Plaete:
http://joplaete.wordpress.com
Jose Esteve:
http://www.joesfer.com
Julian Johnson:
http://julianjohnsonsblog.blogspot.com
Ahmidou Lyazidi:
http://xsi-memo.over-blog.com
Richard Kazuo Maegaki:
http://riggerman.animationblogspot.com
Sean Nolan:
http://www.snolan.net
Christopher Evans:
http://www.chrisevans3d.com/pub_blog
Matt ???:
http://td-matt.blogspot.com
Fabian Giesen:
http://fgiesen.wordpress.com
Victor Vinyals:
http://victorvinyals.blogspot.com
Rob Galanakis:
http://www.robg3d.com
And here's mine: http://csaez.blogspot.com
Cheers!
-
daydream
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 26 Oct 2012, 03:29
Re: What are some of blogs you follow?
Hey thank you csaez, Glen and Eric.
I have read through most of the blogs and enjoy a lot of them!
The information in there are invaluable and helpful.
I have definitely gained a lot more insight about the program and its capabilities.
Very glad I have made the choice to look into SI.
Thanks again, really appreciate the help!
I have read through most of the blogs and enjoy a lot of them!
The information in there are invaluable and helpful.
I have definitely gained a lot more insight about the program and its capabilities.
Very glad I have made the choice to look into SI.
Thanks again, really appreciate the help!
-
forton
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: What are some of blogs you follow?
For what it's worth, I've setup an automated newsletter that gathers softimage news from RSS feeds and twitter
https://twitter.com/SoftRSSFeed
https://twitter.com/SoftRSSFeed
-
Letterbox
- Posts: 391
- Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 12:49
Re: What are some of blogs you follow?
it's appreciated. (do you get a feed from here / xsiforum.de etc ?)luceric wrote:For what it's worth, I've setup an automated newsletter that gathers softimage news from RSS feeds and twitter
https://twitter.com/SoftRSSFeed
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: What are some of blogs you follow?
Here's one more: Sue Sauer of Triggerfish
http://suesauer.blogspot.co.uk/
Interesting piece on underwater fur.
http://suesauer.blogspot.co.uk/
Interesting piece on underwater fur.
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: What are some of blogs you follow?
thanks. I can only use twitter, facebook and RSS feeds. there is no rss for this forum, unfortunately!Letterbox wrote:it's appreciated. (do you get a feed from here / xsiforum.de etc ?)luceric wrote:For what it's worth, I've setup an automated newsletter that gathers softimage news from RSS feeds and twitter
https://twitter.com/SoftRSSFeed
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: What are some of blogs you follow?
For all you long suffering artists out there.
http://hoveringartdirectors.tumblr.com/
http://cgmemes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://vfxsoldier.wordpress.com/
http://clientsfromhell.net/
http://hoveringartdirectors.tumblr.com/
http://cgmemes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://vfxsoldier.wordpress.com/
http://clientsfromhell.net/
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: What are some of blogs you follow?
Can we Sticky this thread?
-
luchifer
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 20:27
- Location: Lima, Perú
Re: What are some of blogs you follow?
I read http://caffeineabuse.blogspot.com/ "your online softimage educational resource" from Ola Madsen.
Really useful softimage stuff.
Really useful softimage stuff.
-
slowdive
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 07 Sep 2011, 20:52
Re: What are some of blogs you follow?
Just stumbled on this thread and would like to say thanks.
I actually do remember some of these links like rray.de
and clientsfromhell.net
I actually do remember some of these links like rray.de
and clientsfromhell.net
