Hi
These are 2 functions i need to figure out, i searched rray.de and found ms_asxICE_compounds_v1-5 pack but the ms_asxDisplace_by_texture_map doesnt work.
I dont know ice, i need these tools for modelling.
how to displace by texture map and cut geometry by opacity?
-
piotrek255
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 18:18
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: how to displace by texture map and cut geometry by opacity?
"cut geometry by opacity?"
Now that would be usefull. Quite simple to do in Zbrush if you dont find a solution.
Now that would be usefull. Quite simple to do in Zbrush if you dont find a solution.
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: how to displace by texture map and cut geometry by opacity?
The cut by alpha compound is nice, but unfortunately too slow for playback of image sequence. Works really good on stills/freezing after.
I haven't tried displace by texture map. Perhaps you forgot to first create a Texture Map (different than a texture projection. If it still doesn't work, I'd create my own; good example for getting started with ICE. You can watch some of Mark S's old videos to learn how to create Push Deformer, then you simply need to rescale the brightness of the texture map and feed that into it.
PointPosition+(PointNormal*MultiplyByScalar)
I haven't tried displace by texture map. Perhaps you forgot to first create a Texture Map (different than a texture projection. If it still doesn't work, I'd create my own; good example for getting started with ICE. You can watch some of Mark S's old videos to learn how to create Push Deformer, then you simply need to rescale the brightness of the texture map and feed that into it.
PointPosition+(PointNormal*MultiplyByScalar)