Merging / Blending not Catching ...

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
Frank1000
Posts: 349
Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 12:13
Skype: the2he

Merging / Blending not Catching ...

Post by Frank1000 » 29 Oct 2012, 03:19

Hi,
I'm trying to blend or merge the two halfs of the glasses frame together, but nothing happens when I select both, hit model > create > Poly.Mesh . Blend / or merge and tweak the tolerance ...

Image

Image

Any hints what's going wrong ?

Regards,
Frank

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Merging / Blending not Catching ...

Post by Hirazi Blue » 29 Oct 2012, 07:57

Can't tell exactly from your screenshot, but it could be that there are no "boundary edges" ("holes").
Try deleting the polygons facing each other on each half and try again...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

SreckoM
Posts: 187
Joined: 24 Jul 2010, 22:18
Skype: srecko.micic

Re: Merging / Blending not Catching ...

Post by SreckoM » 29 Oct 2012, 09:54

Reverse normals on one of them?
- H -

Frank1000
Posts: 349
Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 12:13
Skype: the2he

Re: Merging / Blending not Catching ...

Post by Frank1000 » 29 Oct 2012, 11:30

ah ok, needs to be open edges. In the doc it showed closed polymeshes.
Image

Now I use welding because it is one object that I have Symmetrized Poligons.

Image [/img]

Unfortunately it splits back open again when I edit the underlying curve.
Image

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: Merging / Blending not Catching ...

Post by rray » 29 Oct 2012, 14:18

Unfortunately it splits back open again when I edit the underlying curve.
This changes the topology and with it the position of the deleted polygon. Best approach is to do all topology adjustments before adding the delete operator.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026