Texture_Map issue...

Discussions regarding Materials, Material-Compounds or Shaders, etc.
stustustu123
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 May 2012, 05:08
Location: Ballarat, Australia

Texture_Map issue...

Post by stustustu123 » 28 Oct 2012, 10:39

Hello (my first post!),

Sorry this is probably a really simple one but i can't work out what I'm doing wrong. :(

I have a texture map applied to a sphere. The texture map (a map of the world) is driving a simple ICE 'emit from geometry' (per vertex).

My issue is that if I rotate the texture support manually, the particles reflect this (the map of the world formed from particles rotates). Yet if I set a two keyframes for the texture support to rotate 360deg, it does nothing. Well it moves for the first frame or two, then nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Stuart.

EricTRocks
Moderator
Posts: 754
Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41

Re: Texture_Map issue...

Post by EricTRocks » 29 Oct 2012, 01:30

You're probably setting the color of the particles on emit which only looks at the texture map on the first frame of the simulation. You should set the color with the set data node plugged directly into the the ICE Tree node or Execute on Every frame port.
Eric Thivierge
Lead Kraken Developer, Fabric Engine
http://fabric-engine.github.io/Kraken