Hi,
I've been trying to get tangent vector displacement maps from Zbrush to work with the new vector displacement node in Mental Ray. The Zbrush diagnostic file suggest a Flip and Switch setting of 10, but so far I've not been able to get a decent result in 2013.
I was wondering if there's anyone that had more luck.
Thanks.
Zbrush tangent vector displacement maps
-
piotrek255
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 17 Aug 2012, 18:18
Re: Zbrush tangent vector displacement maps
I didnt want to dig up old threads but i am after a whole weekend of figuring out how to make vector displacement work... i saw one tutorial with ear vector displace, i even downloaded the maps, but i dont get the same results, i tried in 3Dmax also with their vray example (the one with 4 dots on a plane), the results were even worse.
I baked my own maps in 3dmax, zbrush, and mudbox (luckily i have the whole up to date package nicely setup at work so i had the possibility to play without any crashes)
I would love to "catch" one of the support guys who recorded this autodesk ear vector displacement tutorial, or one of the wise guys from chaos group to sit in my chair and show me the right way step by step, sorry for being kind of rude there, its becouse i tried every possible setup and it still wont work
I baked my own maps in 3dmax, zbrush, and mudbox (luckily i have the whole up to date package nicely setup at work so i had the possibility to play without any crashes)
I would love to "catch" one of the support guys who recorded this autodesk ear vector displacement tutorial, or one of the wise guys from chaos group to sit in my chair and show me the right way step by step, sorry for being kind of rude there, its becouse i tried every possible setup and it still wont work