MeshMixer08

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
dwigfor
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46

MeshMixer08

Post by dwigfor » 25 Oct 2012, 18:11

Ryan Schmidt (Autodesk Research Scientist) has released a new update to MeshMixer (free).

It's been a long time since I've seen MeshMixer. At the time, it reminded me of Autodesk's answer to Sculptris, but I never really gave it a shot. I just watched some of his tutorial videos and it looks like a great program for getting models ready to 3d print! I'll have to give it another shot.



http://www.meshmixer.com/

Forum: http://www.meshmixer.com/forum

User avatar
Daniel Brassard
Posts: 878
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario

Re: MeshMixer08

Post by Daniel Brassard » 25 Oct 2012, 20:54

Thanks for the link dwigfor, I didn't know about it.

I'll give it a go.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif

User avatar
csaez
Posts: 253
Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 13:31
Skype: csaezmargotta
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: MeshMixer08

Post by csaez » 25 Oct 2012, 21:21

Dunno if it's an Autodesk' answer to whatever, but MeshMixer comes from way before the Autodesk acquisition :)