Size and shape of the Model null
-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Size and shape of the Model null
Hi. Please, is there a way to change the size and shape of the "Model null"?
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Re: Size and shape of the Model null
No. Its a special kind of null and doesn't have those options. Not sure what you're trying to do but model nulls shouldn't really ever be moved / interacted with and most times should be hidden by default.
-
milanvasek
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
- Location: Czech Republic
Re: Size and shape of the Model null
Thank you Eric.
I was hoping there is some secret options or something...
I am modeling a lot of houses/components that will be instanced in a city. I need to keep them in one scene, but can't have them all at 0,0,0... anyway, I will just add another null at position of each model null so i can see them in viewport better.
I was hoping there is some secret options or something...
I am modeling a lot of houses/components that will be instanced in a city. I need to keep them in one scene, but can't have them all at 0,0,0... anyway, I will just add another null at position of each model null so i can see them in viewport better.
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Re: Size and shape of the Model null
Yeah thats probably best. A simple hierarchy such as below usually work great:
Model (Hidden)
- Deformers (Hidden)
-- house_srt (null)
- Geo (Hidden)
-- HouseGeometry (polymsh)
- Controls (Hidden)
-- SRT_ctrl (crv or null)
HouseGeometry is constrained or enveloped to house_srt. house_srt is constrained to SRT_ctrl.
Model (Hidden)
- Deformers (Hidden)
-- house_srt (null)
- Geo (Hidden)
-- HouseGeometry (polymsh)
- Controls (Hidden)
-- SRT_ctrl (crv or null)
HouseGeometry is constrained or enveloped to house_srt. house_srt is constrained to SRT_ctrl.