Hello!
I have an ICE sim done with states and when entering the last state I would want the particles to turn into Lagoa material so that the particles would fall to the ground and splash like water.
Is there a way to make particle act as a Lagoa material in the middle of the simulation when it was created as a "normal" particle in the beginning?
Turning into liquid in the sim
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Turning into liquid in the sim
Why do't you use the polygonizer to create the mesh for that?
I assume you're doing some kind of fluid sim?
I assume you're doing some kind of fluid sim?
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
bdamien
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 29 Sep 2012, 22:40
Re: Turning into liquid in the sim
I'm doing a fluid sim yes and I will use polygonizer but the issue is that the "fluid" is not fluid when animation starts, it should start behaving as a fluid only when entering the certain state.
Basic idea is that emitted particles have a mesh goal in the distance and once they are at place it all collapses to ground and it should look something like water.
edit: actually I'll just create a new lagoa pointcloud and emit from the mesh and delete old particles. This should give good enough result.
Basic idea is that emitted particles have a mesh goal in the distance and once they are at place it all collapses to ground and it should look something like water.
edit: actually I'll just create a new lagoa pointcloud and emit from the mesh and delete old particles. This should give good enough result.
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: Turning into liquid in the sim
It is quite possible turning particles into lagoa particle all you need is to initiate all the variables used by the solvee. When entering the state execute Lagoa Init. You also need to set a phase and a material like any regular Lagoa setup.
Have in mind that the resolution of a lagoa particle is the diameter of the particle, while particle size is the radius. So connect a size multiplied by 2 to the resoluton of your Lagoa Init node
Have in mind that the resolution of a lagoa particle is the diameter of the particle, while particle size is the radius. So connect a size multiplied by 2 to the resoluton of your Lagoa Init node
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
bdamien
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 29 Sep 2012, 22:40
Re: Turning into liquid in the sim
Is this looking anything like you meant gustavoeb?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3im9f1gqcxis ... tcloud.JPG
The problem now is how to solve collisions with the collision object. I can't connect it to Sim Root nor anywhere else because of the context mismatch.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3im9f1gqcxis ... tcloud.JPG
The problem now is how to solve collisions with the collision object. I can't connect it to Sim Root nor anywhere else because of the context mismatch.