ICE procedural modeling - BEVEL possible?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
kampffmeyer
Posts: 20
Joined: 31 Aug 2012, 08:35

ICE procedural modeling - BEVEL possible?

Post by kampffmeyer » 12 Oct 2012, 15:20

Hi friends,
is it possible to do beveling commands in ICE-trees? I found "add edge" and "split edge" nodes (and extrude node) but couldn't figure out how to actually bevel an edge.
Just for learning purpose today I've tried to set up an procedural door or window (frame) generator.

So far it's just a frame where you can set the thickness via a scalar value... well... :-)

Probably I didn't find the most efficient way: I got a mesh node, chose cube, inset and deleted two opposite polygons and created new polygons between the open edges.

Thanks for helping me!

Wolfram
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NNois
Posts: 754
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33

Re: ICE procedural modeling - BEVEL possible?

Post by NNois » 13 Oct 2012, 17:45

Hi
Maybe you could look at the thickness compound ? He do bevel...

kampffmeyer
Posts: 20
Joined: 31 Aug 2012, 08:35

Re: ICE procedural modeling - BEVEL possible?

Post by kampffmeyer » 14 Oct 2012, 14:31

Hi Nnois,
thanks for the tip. I played around with the thickness-compount and tried to extract the bevel part... but failed. I don't know ICE enough to succeed here. Best would be, to change the compound this way so you could input edges or arrays of edges or something (indices via string?)) and apply the bevel compound here. Would be so nice of you ICE masters if you could help me.

Best

Wolfram