Modelling Relations / Keep Stuff Together ...

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
Frank1000
Posts: 349
Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 12:13
Skype: the2he

Modelling Relations / Keep Stuff Together ...

Post by Frank1000 » 12 Oct 2012, 14:49

for example When extruding a mesh from a curve, then the relation between them leads to the case that I can't house them under the same hierarchy ... coz when I move the hierarchy, the curve and mesh wander around separate ... while i'd like to keep them nice and neat "together", so I have a tidy scene i'm working in ...

any hint how i need to put this to keep both in place with each other, when I'm moving around the hierarchy that houses curve and extruded mesh ?

Image

Image


I had managed it so far that when I put the mesh under the curve and "ChldComp", then everything works, but the tricky thing with this case is that I had create a curve, then a clone and then geve that clone an offset (keyvis) ... and now actually want to pack all three together for proper moving around.

Image

Frank1000
Posts: 349
Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 12:13
Skype: the2he

Re: Modelling Relations / Keep Stuff Together ...

Post by Frank1000 » 12 Oct 2012, 16:33

... finally fond out :

cloned curve and mesh go under the origin curve,
then constraining clone curves position and orientation to the origin curve,
then moving the origin curve with ChldComp.

Image