Gobo with V-Ray

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
cheeseburger
Posts: 108
Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 08:56

Gobo with V-Ray

Post by cheeseburger » 10 Oct 2012, 15:35

Hi,
Does any one know if you can gobo a light in V-Ray ?
A lot of what I do involves gobos, but there doesn't seem to be any online mention of them. I am truly stuck deciding which renderer to go with, but if there no gobos then that's a clincher for me right there.

Thanks

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Gobo with V-Ray

Post by Bullit » 12 Oct 2012, 11:13

If it is what i am thinking you can do with objects no?

I think Kel Solaar said that next bersion of sIBL will have vray for Softimage and will probably have it.

User avatar
cheeseburger
Posts: 108
Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 08:56

Re: Gobo with V-Ray

Post by cheeseburger » 12 Oct 2012, 11:35

All I would like to do is project some images from a spot light, but through talking to several people it seems that you can't do it in this version, probably only with the Max version, which is more developed ... Gulp !

User avatar
origin
Posts: 619
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
Location: warsaw

Re: Gobo with V-Ray

Post by origin » 12 Oct 2012, 11:47

slide projector node is not supported afaik (it works in vray4max tho, thru the projector map slot)

User avatar
cheeseburger
Posts: 108
Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 08:56

Re: Gobo with V-Ray

Post by cheeseburger » 12 Oct 2012, 12:00

That sounds about right.
P.S. I thought everyone called them Gobos but yeah slide projector, projector etc
Can anyone get this working in Softimage and V-Ray ?