Deleting Polygons that are pas a certain world z value...

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 118
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28

Deleting Polygons that are pas a certain world z value...

Post by Pete » 09 Oct 2012, 10:05

Hi Dudes,

I'm trying to figure out how to get ICE to delete polygons that are past a certain position in the world z axis. Everything I try with ICE topo seems to fail.
Can anyone help me get started with this, I can't seem to get anywhere but it seems like it should be so simple.

This is what I have managed to get working but I dont know how to filter the polys by position...

Image

Thanks
Pete

User avatar
Pete
Posts: 118
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28

Re: Deleting Polygons that are pas a certain world z value...

Post by Pete » 09 Oct 2012, 10:54

Actually I got it :)
Image

User avatar
ace63
Posts: 176
Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30

Re: Deleting Polygons that are pas a certain world z value...

Post by ace63 » 09 Oct 2012, 12:40

You could also simply decompose the Polygonposition (3D Vector to Scalar) and compare against the Z value instead of adding something to the polygon position directly.