if you are attempting to create a mearly procedural motion, with no simulation of collision inbetween objects I recomend you take a look at this set of tools:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2577
in all honesty you dont need them to solve this in ICE, in fact you already seem to be going pretty far. but this tools are designed for procedural animation and have ease of use and modularity in mind. you can easyly set up what you are after emmiting a line of instances and using a modify with null compound that moves and rotates your objects... in a C4D moGraph fashion.
as I said you seem to be pretty much on your way, really I didnt even get what the question is about...

I dont understand why you use a surface force for your effect
in case you want to better detail what is that you are not being able to get done, we may be in a better situation to help you