ultimapper weird result [nudity]

Discussions regarding Materials, Material-Compounds or Shaders, etc.
User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

ultimapper weird result [nudity]

Post by Nizar » 07 Oct 2012, 20:41

I used for the first time ultimapper, I follow this video tutorial:
https://vimeo.com/19399592

The result is pretty strange, looks like part of the model was "reflected" into map:
Image
Image
Image

Where is the error?
Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Kerro Perro
Posts: 306
Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 00:01
Location: Leiden, the Netherlands

Re: ultimapper weird result [nudity]

Post by Kerro Perro » 07 Oct 2012, 23:13

:)) Gotta love that throat-vagina! :P

Do you have multiple uv-sets on the model? Looks to me like it baked to "wrong" uv-coördinates.

User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

Re: ultimapper weird result [nudity]

Post by Nizar » 08 Oct 2012, 08:00

Thanks for reply.

No, I have several, separate, objects, but I try to bake only the body hiding the other items. I tried different time, cage material from phong to lambert (for eliminate the arms reflection), nothing to do, I obtain everytime the some weird issue.

Look very strange, is a ultimapper bug?

User avatar
Kerro Perro
Posts: 306
Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 00:01
Location: Leiden, the Netherlands

Re: ultimapper weird result [nudity]

Post by Kerro Perro » 08 Oct 2012, 08:28

Hmm that is very strange... i've used ultimapper several times and never had this (i have problems rendering the normal map but will make another thread on that... :ymsigh:) Have you tried it with other (test)objects? Aifaik things like reflection shouldn't be an issue btw as it's just a measurement of "displacement" (probably the wrong term but i think you know what i mean).

User avatar
Nizar
Posts: 725
Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54

Re: ultimapper weird result [nudity]

Post by Nizar » 08 Oct 2012, 08:33

No, never tried with other object, this is the first time I play with ultimapper.

Usually I use zbrush for creating my normal and displacement map, but zbrush is not my favourite tool from a while and I want limited the use of it.

Ops... forgot the nudity tags...