Duplicate Edge loops with Even spacing

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
Falam

Duplicate Edge loops with Even spacing

Post by Falam » 03 Oct 2012, 17:23

The two edge loops have 3.42m spacing which is circled in the image. I want to duplicate those edge loops evenly with a 9m distance apart, all the while keeping 3.42m spacing between the edge loops as they are duplicated. How can I accomplish this ?

Image

User avatar
dwigfor
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46

Re: Duplicate Edge loops with Even spacing

Post by dwigfor » 03 Oct 2012, 20:00

Assuming you aren't creating a crazy amount of loops, I would create a grid sized to your 9m, add your edge loops, and then snap them to the grid. Move the grid down, and snap the next edge loop. Maybe there's an easier method, but you'll spend more time thinking about it than just doing this...

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Duplicate Edge loops with Even spacing

Post by Bullit » 04 Oct 2012, 03:11

I would just get rid of all mesh except the module then duplicate and move the module to the distance you wish and then bridge/merge.

User avatar
myara
Posts: 406
Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33

Re: Duplicate Edge loops with Even spacing

Post by myara » 13 Dec 2012, 23:23

I know I'm late, but you could do it with Knife (Slice Polygons), and set a number of Slices.

Set Custom Plane and specify your center position.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)

Falam

Re: Duplicate Edge loops with Even spacing

Post by Falam » 24 Jan 2013, 05:47

These are the problems with the slice tool, is there not a tool that fixes the slice tools flaws ? The custom plane tool only gives a little more flexibility. The snapping method is as tedious as using the slice tool to do the job, I want to save time not break even with time.

Image

Image