Light emitting particles?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
bdamien
Posts: 12
Joined: 29 Sep 2012, 22:40

Light emitting particles?

Post by bdamien » 01 Oct 2012, 12:15

As said in the subject, how can I create light emission for particles? Maybe I didn't use correct search words but I wasn't able to find anything on the subject.

I've tried instancing a sphere with point light set as a child but that doesn't seem to do the trick. What I would like to do is get some kind of a glow effect on particles.

Letterbox
Posts: 391
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 12:49

Re: Light emitting particles?

Post by Letterbox » 01 Oct 2012, 14:53

You might want to check out the help docs on the 'FXTREE', there is a 'GLOW' in there, and from the sound of it, it might be just what you need... (caps = search keywords)

User avatar
Kerro Perro
Posts: 306
Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 00:01
Location: Leiden, the Netherlands

Re: Light emitting particles?

Post by Kerro Perro » 01 Oct 2012, 16:59


User avatar
gustavoeb
Moderator
Posts: 587
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
Skype: gustavoboehs

Re: Light emitting particles?

Post by gustavoeb » 01 Oct 2012, 17:10

as usual Stephen's blog comes to the rescue.

you might also want to check out the ICE_Fireworks sample scene, under Rendering
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

grahamef
Posts: 281
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01

Re: Light emitting particles?

Post by grahamef » 01 Oct 2012, 17:22

Also check out the ICE_FireWorks scene in XSI_SAMPLES\Scenes\Rendering\.

EDIT: OOPS, cross-posted with Gustav.
Last edited by grahamef on 02 Oct 2012, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

bdamien
Posts: 12
Joined: 29 Sep 2012, 22:40

Re: Light emitting particles?

Post by bdamien » 01 Oct 2012, 23:49

A big thank you to all contributors!

I got what I was looking for from Kerro Perros link.