Constraining ends of a line

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
bdamien
Posts: 12
Joined: 29 Sep 2012, 22:40

Constraining ends of a line

Post by bdamien » 30 Sep 2012, 11:07

Hi all.

This might be the simpliest thing ever but I just can't figure it out at the moment. What I need to do is tie one end of a linear line to a null and the other end to another null which is constrained to a path so this end is moving constantly.

I've had some progression with ICE but for some reason the line ends are not exactly on the nulls. There a slight offset on both ends but still it follows the constrained nulls path.

So any ideas are very welcome.

User avatar
Mathaeus
Posts: 1778
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Constraining ends of a line

Post by Mathaeus » 30 Sep 2012, 12:15

You can do this in old fashion way, select point on curve, RMB > create cluster with center. It creates null and operator automatically. Just be sure it's linear curve, so there's only two points on it.

bdamien
Posts: 12
Joined: 29 Sep 2012, 22:40

Re: Constraining ends of a line

Post by bdamien » 30 Sep 2012, 12:25

Yes! So simple, yet I was so far away:) Thanks a lot!