I was wondering which nodes/compounds you all find useful, which can only be found inside other factory compounds. Also, each time you use them, do you open the factory compound and copy/paste it out, or do you first export the compound so you don't have to dig around for it?
There are 2 I find very useful:
1) Init Particle Data can be found inside the Emit From nodes (Geometry, Curve, Position, etc). Init Force and Velocity is also useful when it's needed.
2) Divide Integers can be found inside Generate 3D Point Grid. Divide Integers will change a Point ID sequence of 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 (divided by 3) into 0,0,1,1,2,2. This is useful for creating columns (or rows) of points. I've also found it useful for feeding into a Select Case.
What other "hidden" nodes do you guys use?
-Dave
Compounds/Nodes inside factory compounds that you find usefu
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46