Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)
mbFeatherTools 3.2Author: Michael Büttner Pricing change as of May 17th (see below) mbFeatherTools is a production proven plugin for Autodesk® Softimage® which features
styling, animation and simulation of bird feathers. While the primary focus of this
tool is indeed feathers, it is also beneficial for all kinds of tasks: Leafs on a
tree, spines of a hedgehog or clammy fur, to name a few.The 3.0 major upgrade adds features such as:
Direction Controls
Collision Constraint during setup
Drive the feather type with the Type Envelope Mesh
Filter the feather type for easy exporting
»Use Live Feather Controls« option allows baking the standard styling.
See the
3.0 new features video and
this interview with Michael on the area. A video tutorial is available
here
In the same thread, Michael mentions:
In case you are worried about support: I'm planning to give support for this plugin
for at least 6 more years.
Price has been permanently reduced from €200 to €80 — volume discount
is available
New plugins, tools etc.
-
Squizmek
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 11:13
- Skype: squizmek
Post
by Squizmek » 26 Sep 2012, 17:53
Hi all,
I'm proud to announce the release of mbFeatherTools 3.0!
New Features:
- Direction Controls - Perfect grooming within seconds
- Collision Constraint during setup
- Drive the feather type with the Type Envelope Mesh
- Filter the feather type for easy exporting
- "Use Live Feather Controls" option allows baking the standard styling
Now available at
http://feathertools.michael-buettner.com
-Michael
Watch a video of the new features.

-
pluMmet
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 17:37
- Skype: bigcuberight
Post
by pluMmet » 26 Sep 2012, 22:03
I purchased a license a little bit ago. I have paypal trouble and had another person pay. I had emailed you some months back about this trouble I have had with paypal.
So I'm hoping that you can sort the order with another purchase client soon as I'm looking forward to playing with mbF

-
pluMmet
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 17:37
- Skype: bigcuberight
Post
by pluMmet » 27 Sep 2012, 12:04
Okay I'm up and running. Great tool! Thanks

-
kaizer_soze
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 09:05
Post
by kaizer_soze » 27 Sep 2012, 12:44
Look amaizing !
It's great to have such a plugin for SI.
When I have a appropriate project, I will definitely buy it.
-
Squizmek
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 11:13
- Skype: squizmek
Post
by Squizmek » 29 Sep 2012, 09:32
Thanks, I'm glad you like it!