what object is Lagoa colliding with?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

what object is Lagoa colliding with?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 26 Sep 2012, 09:07

Here’s a probably basic Lagoa question for you all:
I am trying to create a Lagoa simulation, where collisions with certain objects (let’s call them A & B) create a phase shift. At the initial emission you’d have Material 1, at collision with Object A, you get Material 2 and at collision with Object B, you’re back at Material 1. If I make both Object A and Object B into Passive Bodies in the Lagoa Simulate Multiphysics node, the collision themselves are handled correctly, obviously, but I can’t seem to figure out, which object the Lagoa particles are currently actually colliding with.
~x(

So the question is: how would I go about finding out which of my Passive Bodies the Lagoa particles are actually collide with?
(A simple 0 for no collision, 1 for Object A, 2 for Object B would do)

edit: I hope I'm not having my own little RTFM moment here :-s
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Tekano
Posts: 488
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
Location: London, UK

Re: what object is Lagoa colliding with?

Post by Tekano » 26 Sep 2012, 09:36

simplest way would be to put a separate ICE attribute on objects A & B, then check for this as part of the collision procedure. ie if > get closest location > object = A is true, then change phase etc
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: what object is Lagoa colliding with?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 26 Sep 2012, 10:11

Ah, thanks... :-bd
Your remark got me thinking (just what the doctor ordered, once you're stuck),
but I must still test this:
"Get Distance to Surface" for both Objects. And then for every time Lagoa registers a collision
(Lagoa_Collide attribute, I believe) test which distance is smallest.

(edit: BTW why are the Lagoa attributes not documented in the SI2013 docs?)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Daniel Brassard
Posts: 878
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario

Re: what object is Lagoa colliding with?

Post by Daniel Brassard » 26 Sep 2012, 17:15

BTW why are the Lagoa attributes not documented in the SI2013 docs?
Select one of the following:
  • Plugins and particle systems are not documented.
    Its a trade secret.
    The document writer is on maternity leave.
    You have not signed your NDA.
    The 100 monkeys are busy on Maya documentation and we don't feed them enough bananas.
    Gone golfing.
    Waiting for the translation.
    Resistance is futile, it has not been assimilated yet.
    SNAFU
Cheers! =))
Dan
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif