Dynamicly Filling Areas with points

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 118
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28

Dynamicly Filling Areas with points

Post by Pete » 21 Sep 2009, 05:46

Hi there,

I am creating this effect at the moment where I have to fill up shapes with an even field of points.
As the shapes move around, the points stay in the same spot but disappear if they are outside of the shape's volume.

At the moment I am doing this by creating a massive grid of points, and then deleting any that are outside of the volume. This works okay, but it is pretty inefficient as it has to create heaps of points even if they aren't used.
So I was wondering if anyone knew a way that I could optimise it. I thought there might be a way to just generate the points inside the object but I'm not sure where to start...

Image

Thanks
Pete

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Dynamicly Filling Areas with points

Post by Hirazi Blue » 21 Sep 2009, 07:49

Maybe this compound can help, on the one hand to achieve your goal and on the other to look inside and see how it's done: fill_volume_evenly ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Pete
Posts: 118
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28

Re: Dynamicly Filling Areas with points

Post by Pete » 22 Sep 2009, 01:13

Hey thanks,
That's a great Help :)
It's a shame that everyone's cool ice compounds are so scattered about these days.