Hi people
Here's a personal project I just finished. I was aiming for photo realistic.. It's farly simple,I used it mainly as a practice for multi-channel rendering. Btw thx to the guys that helped me here ;)
Hope you like it and Comments and critics are welcome!
Rings
-
SquirrelSa
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 25 Oct 2010, 07:44
- Location: South Africa
Re: Rings
Pretty darn cool - please explain how you went about creating this? Maybe the diamond? My only crit is that the top ring feels like it needs to slant as a result of weight, sooooo, left side down?
Creativity can be whatever the mind of man can conceive
http://ryananimation.prosite.com
https://vimeo.com/ryananimation
http://ryananimation.prosite.com
https://vimeo.com/ryananimation
-
Numb69
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 17 Nov 2010, 04:52
- Location: Montreal,Canada
Re: Rings
Thx guys!
Yes its all in metal ray.
And now that I look at it, I should've probably positioned the left ring with a bit of off balance, I was just trying too much to make the both of them visible to the camera lol..
The modelling is pretty straight forward, just the diamond was a bit tricky, I followed a tutorial and modelled a brilliant cut diamond. The silver has a arch material with an IOR of 22 I think (thats what worked best for me) and the diamond is actuallly made with the diffraction shader, I used Maximus`s preset on that ( big thax ;) )
The lighting was bit tricky too but fairly simple. A ground plane curved up, another curved plane with white constant,curved all around, and one small on top of the small diamonds for an extra reflection. 1 spot directed to the diamond and another one just for the caustics.
I rendered couple of passes and tweaked alot the colour afterwards plus some effects.
Pretty much it ;)
Yes its all in metal ray.
And now that I look at it, I should've probably positioned the left ring with a bit of off balance, I was just trying too much to make the both of them visible to the camera lol..
The modelling is pretty straight forward, just the diamond was a bit tricky, I followed a tutorial and modelled a brilliant cut diamond. The silver has a arch material with an IOR of 22 I think (thats what worked best for me) and the diamond is actuallly made with the diffraction shader, I used Maximus`s preset on that ( big thax ;) )
The lighting was bit tricky too but fairly simple. A ground plane curved up, another curved plane with white constant,curved all around, and one small on top of the small diamonds for an extra reflection. 1 spot directed to the diamond and another one just for the caustics.
I rendered couple of passes and tweaked alot the colour afterwards plus some effects.
Pretty much it ;)