Ghost in 2D

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
Falam

Ghost in 2D

Post by Falam » 19 Sep 2012, 21:45

We have motion tools, awesome, and a few others. Take a look at https://vimeo.com/49638174 for Maya.

User avatar
bottleofram
Posts: 355
Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:21

Re: Ghost in 2D

Post by bottleofram » 19 Sep 2012, 22:04

Don't you think you'd get bored clicking that [Ghost] button? Should be automated....


Here's something i'd get behind:


Falam

Re: Ghost in 2D

Post by Falam » 19 Sep 2012, 22:21

bottleofram wrote:Don't you think you'd get bored clicking that [Ghost] button? Should be automated....


Here's something i'd get behind:

I don't see a need for that, since I have 2D programs. I suppose adding it to the other tool, would make a super tool :)

User avatar
Daniel Brassard
Posts: 878
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario

Re: Ghost in 2D

Post by Daniel Brassard » 20 Sep 2012, 00:18

Why do we need something like Maya ghost tool?

Is Softimage ghosting not providing something similar?

http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsi ... bjects.htm
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif

Falam

Re: Ghost in 2D

Post by Falam » 20 Sep 2012, 00:21

Daniel Brassard wrote:Why do we need that?

Is Softimage ghosting not providing something similar?

http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsi ... bjects.htm
Softimage version is good. The ability to see it as 2D outline can be beneficial.

User avatar
Daniel Brassard
Posts: 878
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario

Re: Ghost in 2D

Post by Daniel Brassard » 20 Sep 2012, 00:31

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

BTW Falam, welcome to the community!

Dan
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif

Falam

Re: Ghost in 2D

Post by Falam » 20 Sep 2012, 00:52

Daniel Brassard wrote:I see. Thanks for the clarification.

BTW Falam, welcome to the community!

Dan
Thank you, I hope to finally make strides in this field.