@bottleofram – In this specific case I don’t really mind the thread derailment.
As the Softimage developers collectively shun the si-community, posting a feature request here is in itself an exercise in futility.
For reading the *Base I use the so-called
Browser in the Box”, a virtual machine running Firefox as my second browser.
A virtual machine is provided with a reduced operating system and a web browser encapsulated therein. Malware can’t thus penetrate the host operating system and a potential damage in the separated virtual machine will vanish with each start of the browser by returning to a certified starting point.
And specifically about the *Base itself:
Rork wrote:Shame though if it ends that way.
For a long time I have held the position that we shouldn’t give up on the *Base. I have, however, started to doubt this lately, as they do not give any impression whatsoever that they’re working on the problem and the user base is completely left in the dark as to what will happen to the *Base.