Hello,
Is there any way to select edges according to crease angle values ? Would be nice to mark hard edges automatically.
Thank you
Selecting according crease angle value
-
gaboraa
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14
Re: Selecting according crease angle value
under the selection filters>crease edges. With it, you can select all creased edges using select all command (ctrl+a)
-
benoit81
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 18:51
Re: Selecting according crease angle value
Thank you Gaboraa,
Unfortunately, it's not the tool I'm searching for. It's not about subdivision surfaces. It's more simple : when you define a discontinuity angle in polymesh (geometry approximation), I would like to be able to select the angle above this value (in order to mark hard edges, or anything else...).
Regards,
Unfortunately, it's not the tool I'm searching for. It's not about subdivision surfaces. It's more simple : when you define a discontinuity angle in polymesh (geometry approximation), I would like to be able to select the angle above this value (in order to mark hard edges, or anything else...).
Regards,
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Selecting according crease angle value
The old rctools has a function for this. See http://rray.de/xsi/rctools/ (2013 only)
Use "open custom filter ppg" then go to edge tab, uncheck everything except "sharp edges...apply", click "select all" in top row.
Use "open custom filter ppg" then go to edge tab, uncheck everything except "sharp edges...apply", click "select all" in top row.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
benoit81
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 18:51
Re: Selecting according crease angle value
Thank you, RC Tools is great
It's exactly what I was searching for.
Regards,
Regards,
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Selecting according crease angle value
I wouldn't start calling the rctools "old", I'd call them "venerable".rray wrote:The old rctools has a function for this.
They might have been created in the Dark Ages, but they still serve their purpose quite well.
And in the end that's all that counts IMHO ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!