custom viewport sets - how to save them?

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
druitre
Posts: 471
Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35

custom viewport sets - how to save them?

Post by druitre » 13 Sep 2012, 16:59

Small question: if I've set my viewports to my liking (for instance, a dual vertical viewport setup with the left one on user/DirectX9/headlight on and the right one on camera2/wireframe/display info on), can I save that as a preset? Similar to viewport snapshots, or under a key, so that I can quickly toggle back to that configuration? And have a few of those in my scene (saved along with the scene)? Couldn't find the info in the manual.

- Jasper

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: custom viewport sets - how to save them?

Post by luceric » 13 Sep 2012, 20:15

you can't.
one way you can fake it is by having multiple layouts.
The configuration of the viewport is saved per layout, in your scene. So you could switch viewport setup by switching layout

User avatar
druitre
Posts: 471
Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35

Re: custom viewport sets - how to save them?

Post by druitre » 14 Sep 2012, 08:17

Thanks, Luc-Eric. What is at the moment the official/best place to go to for feature requests?

User avatar
csaez
Posts: 253
Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 13:31
Skype: csaezmargotta
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: custom viewport sets - how to save them?

Post by csaez » 14 Sep 2012, 10:58

druitre wrote:Small question: if I've set my viewports to my liking (for instance, a dual vertical viewport setup with the left one on user/DirectX9/headlight on and the right one on camera2/wireframe/display info on), can I save that as a preset? Similar to viewport snapshots, or under a key, so that I can quickly toggle back to that configuration? And have a few of those in my scene (saved along with the scene)? Couldn't find the info in the manual.

- Jasper
Scripting?

Code: Select all

from sipyutils import si
si = si()

vw = si.Desktop.ActiveLayout.Views.Find( "View Manager" )
vw.SetAttributeValue("suspenddrawing", True)
vw.SetAttributeValue("layout", "vertical:ab")

vw.SetAttributeValue("activecamera:a", "user")
si.SetValue("Views.ViewA.UserCamera.camdisp.headlight", True)
si.SetDisplayMode("Views.ViewA.UserCamera", "DirectX9")

vw.SetAttributeValue("activecamera:b", "camera")
si.SetDisplayMode("Camera", "Wireframe")

vw.SetAttributeValue("suspenddrawing", False)

User avatar
druitre
Posts: 471
Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35

Re: custom viewport sets - how to save them?

Post by druitre » 14 Sep 2012, 13:27

Ha, yes :) Thanks, that works! (I was almost there myself too... using VM Views toolbar and modifying buttons there)