Hi,
On the website of the chaosgroup I've found the next online renderfarm:
renderpower dot dk
I did a currency conversion to EURO, -> I'm from Belgium -> and came up with 12 EURO for hiring the whole farm for one hour. Is this true or to good to be true?
I've only tried the demo of Vray but I like the image quality of it.
Comments?
edit by owei: PLEASE USE URL TAGS! THANKS!
Vray for Softimage online renderfarm
-
curly
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 06 Oct 2010, 06:43
Vray for Softimage online renderfarm
Last edited by curly on 14 Sep 2012, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: Vray for Softimage online renderfarm
– 0,30 Dkr. (0,045 €) pr. Ghz
– 324 Ghz CPU´s renderpower
– 92 Dkr. pr. hour for the farm
– and we can chew a good bite in 24 hours.
If my math is not failing me, its 0,045 € each ghz.
They have a total of 324 Ghz Cpu
cost 92 Dkr/hour. 0.30 Dkr = 0.045€ so 92/0.30*0.045 = 13.8€ each hour * 24hours = 331.2€ each day.
Not sure if you have to sum the cost of the Ghz and the cost of "per hour farm" in that case would be more.
In that case: 324ghz * 0.045 = 14.58€ + cost per hour (13.8€) = 28.38€
Not sure how it works, judging from the price list it doesnt make sense why they split the cost per ghz and the cost per hour if they wont charge you both.
– 324 Ghz CPU´s renderpower
– 92 Dkr. pr. hour for the farm
– and we can chew a good bite in 24 hours.
If my math is not failing me, its 0,045 € each ghz.
They have a total of 324 Ghz Cpu
cost 92 Dkr/hour. 0.30 Dkr = 0.045€ so 92/0.30*0.045 = 13.8€ each hour * 24hours = 331.2€ each day.
Not sure if you have to sum the cost of the Ghz and the cost of "per hour farm" in that case would be more.
In that case: 324ghz * 0.045 = 14.58€ + cost per hour (13.8€) = 28.38€
Not sure how it works, judging from the price list it doesnt make sense why they split the cost per ghz and the cost per hour if they wont charge you both.
-
ChrB
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 11:26
Re: Vray for Softimage online renderfarm
I have no idea how their rendering services are, but 3D-connection (Company that owns renderpower.dk) are the official autodesk and VRay reseller in Denmark. If you have any questions, try to reach Walter Vestergaard at 3D-connection. He is a nice guy and has been running this company for a very long time.
I am not associated with either renderfarm.dk nor 3D-Connection, except I give them my subscription feee every year...
I am not associated with either renderfarm.dk nor 3D-Connection, except I give them my subscription feee every year...
Arnold for the masses!