Create Copies From Polygon Mesh

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
mixepix
Posts: 78
Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
Location: Sweden

Create Copies From Polygon Mesh

Post by mixepix » 13 Sep 2012, 10:34

Hi all!

I've got some issues with the "Create Copies from Polygon Mesh"-node when I'm using it with a pointcloud. If I delete any particles in the pointcloud everything gets messed up. The only solution I've found so far is to copy the positions to a new pointcloud and then use that one instead but that doesn't feel like a good solution. I've attached a jpg to illustrate what I mean.

Image

cheers
Mikael
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen

User avatar
Tekano
Posts: 488
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
Location: London, UK

Re: Create Copies From Polygon Mesh

Post by Tekano » 13 Sep 2012, 11:29

yeah there is some stack ordering issues with ICE topo for sure. its either a refresh thing or a stack problem, not sure of exact details. I would have thought that a jiggle of the ice tree in the stack - ie moving it up or down in the modelling stack - but it doesnt help at all. :/

this seems to be a bug with the create copies from polygon mesh node and the way the particles are generated. 8-x
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

iamVFX
Posts: 697
Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28

Re: Create Copies From Polygon Mesh

Post by iamVFX » 13 Sep 2012, 11:30

Behold the power of built-in nodes.

It seems like Create Copies from Polymesh does not account the fact that point can be deleted. So you should filter it on a creation
Last edited by iamVFX on 13 Sep 2012, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mixepix
Posts: 78
Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
Location: Sweden

Re: Create Copies From Polygon Mesh

Post by mixepix » 13 Sep 2012, 11:42

Yeah, you are right. Thanks!
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen

iamVFX
Posts: 697
Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28

Re: Create Copies From Polygon Mesh

Post by iamVFX » 13 Sep 2012, 11:52

[rimg=800]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7615/7cd51be32aa147a6b0824d8.png[/rimg]

User avatar
mixepix
Posts: 78
Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
Location: Sweden

Re: Create Copies From Polygon Mesh

Post by mixepix » 13 Sep 2012, 12:05

When you posted the second image I didn't think it would make that much of a difference but it actually made my compound 20% faster. :-bd
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen

iamVFX
Posts: 697
Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28

Re: Create Copies From Polygon Mesh

Post by iamVFX » 13 Sep 2012, 12:25

Yea, sorry, this way you deletes points for sure