Hi,
I'm trying to do some text effects with ice, what I want to do is things like drawing some strands along the curves of the text, some buildup effects, typewriter style stuff etc.
Creating dynamic text was easy: just input a string in Self.text.text (thanks to Vincent Ullmann)
Some questions:
-curve to strand only has effect on the first letter-curve, how do I put it on the whole text?
-how do I set font and styles in ice?
-are there some good tutorials, examples on the web?
-often I see people using undocumented data in ice, where do you find this info?
Another question nothing to do with text:
Since ice doesn't seem case sensitive is there a good reason to use capitals e.g. Self.PointPosition = self.pointposition?
Cheers, Wim
controlling text in ice
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: controlling text in ice
Hello, if I may do a shameless plug in here, Ive got a plugin that can help you dealing with text using ICE... It has many functionalities, since is targeted at motion graphics, but one of the stuff that it can do is to constraint text to little particles, and then use that for whatever...
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2577
By the way, when designing the plugin I attempted many approaches to Text in ICE and I found that to be the one you can do most stuff with. Of course you might be wanting to pull something of that would only be possible through some other approach...
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2577
By the way, when designing the plugin I attempted many approaches to Text in ICE and I found that to be the one you can do most stuff with. Of course you might be wanting to pull something of that would only be possible through some other approach...
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
forton
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Re: controlling text in ice
Thanks alot Gustavo,
That's probably the way to go, I was already playing with your compounds and there's alot of cool stuff coming out of it already
, just have to use my imagination a little bit more...
Still curious for answers though, looks fun to do some text styling in ice.
That's probably the way to go, I was already playing with your compounds and there's alot of cool stuff coming out of it already
Still curious for answers though, looks fun to do some text styling in ice.