How to scale an object's shape & motion with the same contr

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
asianastroboy
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Dec 2011, 17:46

How to scale an object's shape & motion with the same contr

Post by asianastroboy » 07 Sep 2012, 10:24

Hi all,

I want to scale a control bone to scale a sphere's size AND reduce the distance or time it takes to travel in a line.

I've done the first part by linking the bone's scale to the object by using the View>Animation> Parameter Connection Editor

Image

But I don't know how to link the scaling of the bone to the timing or position of the last keyframe in the Action Clip/ Time Warp?

Image

I need to find where, in relation to the last keyframe's position/ timing values, I can right-click and select Link with ~x(

Any guided help would be hugely appreciated as I have to reapply this principle to a Volume Deform on a full walking character later this week :S

Thanks a bunch!

User avatar
Boris
Posts: 67
Joined: 25 May 2012, 14:35
Location: R&M

Re: How to scale an object's shape & motion with the same contr

Post by Boris » 07 Sep 2012, 11:23

do you can select and drop small green box (near) of clip on to small green box scale of sphere ? clip's expression = scal's expression !? or that to you not need?! I know exactly, will help you expression ! http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... userguide/ :)
Oops ,something went wrong :D

asianastroboy
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Dec 2011, 17:46

Re: How to scale an object's shape & motion with the same contr

Post by asianastroboy » 07 Sep 2012, 14:15

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your help. If there is no way to link the Action Clip/ Time Warp through the Parameter Connection Editor I shall have to use the Expression Editor as you suggested, however I have never used it before.

I think the expression I need to work out is roughly:

last key's frame number = last key frame number * (scaler bone's SCALY rescaled value / scaler bone's SCALY neutral pose value)

I am not sure yet, which aspects are objects and parameters or where I can identify them, but do you think that expression sounds valid?

Thanks again

User avatar
Boris
Posts: 67
Joined: 25 May 2012, 14:35
Location: R&M

Re: How to scale an object's shape & motion with the same contr

Post by Boris » 07 Sep 2012, 19:51

asianastroboy wrote:Hi Boris,

Thanks for your help. If there is no way to link the Action Clip/ Time Warp through the Parameter Connection Editor I shall have to use the Expression Editor as you suggested, however I have never used it before.

I think the expression I need to work out is roughly:

last key's frame number = last key frame number * (scaler bone's SCALY rescaled value / scaler bone's SCALY neutral pose value)

I am not sure yet, which aspects are objects and parameters or where I can identify them, but do you think that expression sounds valid?

Thanks again
I am Sorry , but I hurried with the proposal.later will appear my free time I will try to do something. :-\
Oops ,something went wrong :D

asianastroboy
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Dec 2011, 17:46

Re: How to scale an object's shape & motion with the same contr

Post by asianastroboy » 10 Sep 2012, 08:29

Hi Boris,

I found that the Mixer> Action Clip> Time Properties> Time Control> Time Reference had a Scale field that I linked to the control bone's ScalY

Thanks for your time. I learned how to use the Expression Editor a little, thanks to you!

User avatar
Boris
Posts: 67
Joined: 25 May 2012, 14:35
Location: R&M

Re: How to scale an object's shape & motion with the same contr

Post by Boris » 12 Sep 2012, 17:59

I don `t know what is going on but for some reason it does not work even though I know it's easy, every time I start to do something about all my thoughts disappear. :-?
Oops ,something went wrong :D