I've created a ICE tree which attaches a null to the minimum and maximum Z axis sides of a mesh. I need to do this to attach multiple meshes together correctly.
I'm a little stumped on how I should do this for all meshes. I have over 200 mesh objects that need their own two Nulls added in these positions.
I'm thinking perhaps using an empty point cloud with an array per mesh, and creating a Null for each point. Honestly I'm not sure how I should do this.
Could anyone please steer me in the right direction?
Should I be doing this in script instead, or a nice mix? I use Python for scripting.
Creating an ICE tree per mesh
-
Kerro Perro
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 00:01
- Location: Leiden, the Netherlands
Re: Creating an ICE tree per mesh
You can make an IceOp out of it and then apply it to all the meshes:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1710
Edit: i just noticed the dropbox link to the "Add ICE Operators to Menu" addon is dead - i'll go look for it on my workstation...
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1710
Edit: i just noticed the dropbox link to the "Add ICE Operators to Menu" addon is dead - i'll go look for it on my workstation...
-
Kerro Perro
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 00:01
- Location: Leiden, the Netherlands
Re: Creating an ICE tree per mesh
Ok found a better link, pretty sure this is the one:
http://xsisupport.com/2011/08/20/adding ... -to-menus/
http://xsisupport.com/2011/08/20/adding ... -to-menus/
-
ionside
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 05:13
- Location: Australia
Re: Creating an ICE tree per mesh
That is awesome, thanks so much, Kerro Perro!
-
Kerro Perro
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 00:01
- Location: Leiden, the Netherlands
Re: Creating an ICE tree per mesh
No problem, ran into the same thing a while back ;)
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Creating an ICE tree per mesh
There's also this script, which applies an ICE compound to multiple objects:Kerro Perro wrote:Ok found a better link, pretty sure this is the one:
http://xsisupport.com/2011/08/20/adding ... -to-menus/
http://xsisupport.com/2011/12/10/script ... e-objects/
be seeing you
-
Kerro Perro
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 00:01
- Location: Leiden, the Netherlands
Re: Creating an ICE tree per mesh
Thanks for that Steve, it's that kind of problem solving i will totally miss!
(just assuming you wont keep doing it for free ;) )
Anyhoo, - i wish you well and please let us know what you get up to in the future!

Sorry to go off-topic but i needed it said!
(just assuming you wont keep doing it for free ;) )
Anyhoo, - i wish you well and please let us know what you get up to in the future!

Sorry to go off-topic but i needed it said!
-
ionside
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 05:13
- Location: Australia
Re: Creating an ICE tree per mesh
Oh thanks, Steve. I'll learn quite a bit from both of these scripts. I remember seeing this one now, it would be sitting in my email xsi support folder, back home. 