Hi guys,
I have a problem with rendering strands (Kristinka Hair) using mental ray and Arnold. In the viewport, everything looks normal, but when rendering artifacts appear in the mental ray, Arnold does not render the strands. Obviously somewhere error in ICE tree, but I can not find where. The condition for the appearance of the bug is using two compounds "kH3 Follow NURBS Lite" and "kH3 Curls", as well as in the screen ( http://clip2net.com/s/2gqau ).
The sample scene file http://www.4shared.com/rar/PA-JMmGU/k_Hair_Test.html
Please help with the problem and sorry for my bad english.
-Regards,
Alexander
Kristinka Hair Render\ICE bugs
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Kristinka Hair Render\ICE bugs
well as I already said in private mail, mentioned ICE tree works flawlessly in previous versions of SI (11 is SI 2013, isn't it) - especially works with 3delight. Obviously you're asking for workaround. As soon as we'll have a very specific explanation, maybe there's a chance for workaround, maybe not, to say honestly. In the meantime, I'd believe all your chances are on Arnold support.
-
AlexanderM
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 15:13
Re: Kristinka Hair Render\ICE bugs
With mental ray is almost the same situation, but with a slight difference
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Kristinka Hair Render\ICE bugs
Still not an useful info, unfortunately.
At this time, I don't know when I'll have a time to take look at SI 2013. All I can suggest is to try to build your own hair system and try to avoid the problem. On top of kH stuff or not, your choice. Maybe to take look at contributions by Jonah Friedman from Psyop (nodes with JF suffix), if they used Arnold with latest SI.
I've mentioned Arnold mail list as a place where you'll find people with enough experience both with Arnold and ICE strands.
At this time, I don't know when I'll have a time to take look at SI 2013. All I can suggest is to try to build your own hair system and try to avoid the problem. On top of kH stuff or not, your choice. Maybe to take look at contributions by Jonah Friedman from Psyop (nodes with JF suffix), if they used Arnold with latest SI.
I've mentioned Arnold mail list as a place where you'll find people with enough experience both with Arnold and ICE strands.
-
AlexanderM
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 15:13
Re: Kristinka Hair Render\ICE bugs
I understand that you can not test with SI 2013 (and with Arnold and mental ray). I would like to hear from other people, especially those who can check this. I share the scene, described condition for the bug, this is the main information that I can give. I try different ways now, but so far unsuccessfully.
I understand your position that ICE is working perfectly, and hope that I can work around the bug cause the lowest cost. I want to hear other points of view, maybe someone will find a problem similar to the one that the link https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/x ... i4m7yq848J
I understand your position that ICE is working perfectly, and hope that I can work around the bug cause the lowest cost. I want to hear other points of view, maybe someone will find a problem similar to the one that the link https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/x ... i4m7yq848J