Merge'ing and green stuff in the scene explorer! Awesome!

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
forsgren
Posts: 13
Joined: 12 Jul 2012, 16:30

Merge'ing and green stuff in the scene explorer! Awesome!

Post by forsgren » 02 Sep 2012, 18:12

Yeah I've gone and messed my scene up real good :) I did a couple of ice-simulations each in its nówn scene files), nailed them so that my CD praised me accordingly, got a scene with a camera animation, and then merged them all together. Voila! Now my XSI scene explorer are filled with green groups that i cant delete. Did I mentioned that I also merged different revisions of the sameIce-sim several times?

Image

This is a noob question I know, but then again I am a softimage noob, Bear with me. How can i get the greenstuff "deleteable"?

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Merge'ing and green stuff in the scene explorer! Awesome!

Post by luceric » 02 Sep 2012, 18:50

First thing to try, select an item in the scene explorer in branch mode, by clicking on it with the middle mouse button instead of the left mouse button

forsgren
Posts: 13
Joined: 12 Jul 2012, 16:30

Re: Merge'ing and green stuff in the scene explorer! Awesome!

Post by forsgren » 03 Sep 2012, 06:14

thanks for the reply, but that only deleted the things inside the groups, not the actual groups :/
Can it be that the are write-protected in some way?

Judicator
Posts: 39
Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 07:26

Re: Merge'ing and green stuff in the scene explorer! Awesome!

Post by Judicator » 08 Jul 2013, 08:19

Try right-clicking. This way everything will be selected.