Apart from all possible larger implications, I personally want to say, Stephen, how much I've always admired and appreciated your dedication to the "Art of Support" and that you will be missed immensely...Forgive me this [melodramatic] indulgence, but after 3 years, 8 months, and 13 days, I turned in my Autodesk badge. I don’t need it anymore.
exit Stephen Blair?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
exit Stephen Blair?
According to this blog post by Stephen Blair:

Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
Just read this....and its probably the most sad new i read lately.
One of the best Softimage support and dedicated person... this is not good..you will be missed.
One of the best Softimage support and dedicated person... this is not good..you will be missed.
-
gfxman
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Mar 2011, 13:14
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
all the softimage legacy team it's litterally collapsing on itself. Any good news anywhere ? 
-
Tekano
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
- Location: London, UK
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
im sharpening my pitchfork
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.
-
guillaume
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 18 Jul 2009, 22:01
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
I'm also in the 7%...gfxman wrote:all the softimage legacy team it's litterally collapsing on itself. Any good news anywhere ?
-
ace63
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
Seriously Autodesk.
What the fuck?
What the fuck?
-
Memag
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 23:37
- Location: Tits
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
Good luck guys.
Last edited by Memag on 31 Aug 2012, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
-
Tekano
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
- Location: London, UK
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
!guillaume wrote:I'm also in the 7%...gfxman wrote:all the softimage legacy team it's litterally collapsing on itself. Any good news anywhere ?
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.
-
3DTutorial
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 19:59
- Location: New Jersey, USA
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
I'm gutted to learn of this news...it's really sickening. My dislike for Autodesk is at an all time high.
Cheers,
Joe
Cheers,
Joe
-
3DTutorial
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 19:59
- Location: New Jersey, USA
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
What's that... oh, it's the sound of the clock ticking on Softimage's lifespan.
Seems more likely than ever now.
That said, I really hope that the "bad feeling" that I have is completely wrong and that this is just a "knee jerk" reaction.

J
Seems more likely than ever now.
That said, I really hope that the "bad feeling" that I have is completely wrong and that this is just a "knee jerk" reaction.
J
Last edited by 3DTutorial on 31 Aug 2012, 13:17, edited 2 times in total.
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
ok, so before people start finger pointing and/or accusing Autodesk of singling out/repressing Softimage, I would like to point that, that the recent layoffs have affected many locations, divisions, and departments. No one in particular seems to have been singled out. Now, whether you believe me or not, then that's your prerogative, but that's how it is.
For the record, I didn’t like this news (including about other people) any more than anyone else.
G
For the record, I didn’t like this news (including about other people) any more than anyone else.
G
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
THank you for your blog Stephen, good luck in future...
AD laying off most valuable, experienced people, that doesnt make any sense.
AD laying off most valuable, experienced people, that doesnt make any sense.
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
wtf? Guillame too? wow..we're fucked..
-
diissar
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 23:17
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
Im new to the community and already learned a lot from Stephens Blog,this is a bad news.
I wish you all the best Stephen!
too many sad things this year
I wish you all the best Stephen!
too many sad things this year
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
Oh no... that is really far from deserved for both of you... wtf indeed, such a chaotic and irritating move by AD. Best of luck to you Stephen and Guillaume and anyone else from the 7% group!!!
The "clicks" definitely stop at this point
The "clicks" definitely stop at this point
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
3DTutorial
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 19:59
- Location: New Jersey, USA
Re: exit Stephen Blair?
Bellsey wrote:ok, so before people start finger pointing and/or accusing Autodesk of singling out/repressing Softimage, I would like to point that, that the recent layoffs have affected many locations, divisions, and departments. No one in particular seems to have been singled out. Now, whether you believe me or not, then that's your prerogative, but that's how it is.
For the record, I didn’t like this news (including about other people) any more than anyone else.
G
Someone had to make the "decision" regarding who stays and who leaves... in this particular case the decisions being made in respect to Softimage are clearly very misguided... in my opinion of course.
Cheers,
J