Move Particles To Goal

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
dwigfor
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46

Move Particles To Goal

Post by dwigfor » 31 Aug 2012, 00:57

I have a question with Moving Particles To Goal.. I would like to have them start moving to the feet of my character, and then the "goal" would expand to ultimately fill the entire character. How can I achieve this? Before, I think I had them move to a null behind the character and stick to location.. The null would rise filling in the character. I was wondering if anyone had a better solution. Maybe with an animated weight map somehow?

Thanks for you help,
-Dave

ChrB
Posts: 55
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 11:26

Re: Move Particles To Goal

Post by ChrB » 31 Aug 2012, 08:07

Take a look at Eric Mootz' free Ice compounds, EmTools. The vertex tagger compound might be just what you need.

http://vimeo.com/45125995
Arnold for the masses!