Login issue

Discussions about si-community.com. You can post here as a guest.
User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Login issue

Post by rray » 25 Aug 2012, 13:59

Hi all! Does anybody else have this issue, happens sometimes, not all the time:

I'm logging in from this page using the right password, but then I'm still getting a "used too many login attempts" message and have to enter a captcha. No "wrong password" message appears though. From the captcha page the login then works ("ctrl+v"-ed the same password )
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

User avatar
Mathaeus
Posts: 1778
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Login issue

Post by Mathaeus » 25 Aug 2012, 17:23

I had it once before year or so, disappeared after changing the password. Like some global count of logs using the same password...

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Login issue

Post by Hirazi Blue » 25 Aug 2012, 17:46

I would need more data. Could be a very annoying fluke, could however also be a problem that appears to be quite common across phpbb-boards, but to which I haven't yet found a real remedy to.
Looking for a solution would involve me having to read multiple pages of multiple phpbb3 related threads to figure out if there is an answer lurking within, which I am willing to do, after we ruled out it "merely" being a very annoying fluke...
:-B
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
origin
Posts: 619
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
Location: warsaw

Re: Odp: Login issue

Post by origin » 27 Aug 2012, 09:20

Ive had it with FF, clearing cookies fixed it

User avatar
Mathaeus
Posts: 1778
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Login issue

Post by Mathaeus » 27 Aug 2012, 11:19

Hirazi Blue wrote:I would need more data.
:-B
It was a rainy, depressive morning when this happened. Anyway, sky was filled with clouds enough easy to simulate, one layer of turbulence could be enough. :)

It was with Firefox, too.