CrowdFX - Siggraph 2012

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

CrowdFX - Siggraph 2012

Post by Hirazi Blue » 22 Aug 2012, 11:33

Yet another CrowdFX demonstration by Mark Schoennagel, this one from Siggraph. Enjoy.


unembedded

:ymapplause:
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
SamHowell
Posts: 364
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
Location: Birmingham

Re: CrowdFX - Siggraph 2012

Post by SamHowell » 22 Aug 2012, 15:00

Like Mark says, "awesome".

By a strange coincidence I took my first look at Crowd FX today. Very easy to get good results quickly. I would love an excuse to use it in production.

jamination
Posts: 174
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 19:58

Re: CrowdFX - Siggraph 2012

Post by jamination » 22 Aug 2012, 21:38

My first stab at production was it worked fine on the local computer, when I sent it out to the network, the character all rendered black even after i cached it. It was probably an error on my part, but I had to toss that idea and go back to plain ice, which was fine for what i was doing. I wish the characters didn't have to be one object, also, I find the cluster materials a pain to deal with but that could just be me.
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions