Small Annoying Things : Optimizing CAD

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
benoit81
Posts: 73
Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 18:51

Small Annoying Things : Optimizing CAD

Post by benoit81 » 21 Aug 2012, 08:16

Hello,
I'm using Softimage for optimizing CAD data (I know it's maybe not the best tool...).
Small Annoying Things :
- I often use polygon hide on the original CAD mesh to improve performances. But snap is still very slow (unusable). But when I create a new object from the selection (instead of hiding parts), snap speed is OK.
- apply thickness works a strange way : how to apply a thickness only on a mesh selection ?
- I also find that selection are more limited in "M" tool, is that correct ?
- About snap : when the CAD mesh is very dense the snap is not very stable, and when I release the mouse the new point is created at the wrong position.
Regards,

benoit81
Posts: 73
Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 18:51

Re: Small Annoying Things : Optimizing CAD

Post by benoit81 » 24 Aug 2012, 10:30

I have 2 questions :
- is it possible to select the edge according to the angle threshold (i.e. to mark hard edges certain edges)? Can it be done with regular function or should it be done via script?
- one more question : is it possible to achieve via script several captool on a single pass (i.e. I select several open edges, and it fill all the holes)? I have done a clip that apply CTRL+D, CTRL+Suppr, but I have to erase manually the created new points. Any advice ?
Thank You,