Tool similar to MAX Pro Cutter (SOLVED)

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
Leandro Oliveira
Posts: 45
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 18:58
Location: Brazil

Tool similar to MAX Pro Cutter (SOLVED)

Post by Leandro Oliveira » 14 Sep 2009, 14:06

Hi guys,

Anybody knows a tool in XSI similar to Max Pro Cutter? See the exemplo in link below:

http://www.cgcookie.com/articles/2009/0 ... ect-part-1

I used de Boolean. I created a cube, and I duplicated it in same place. I added a grid and I deformed it with randomize. With everything freezed, I made a boolean operation in one cube and freezed both. So, I inverted the polygons of the grid and I made other boolean with other cube, but the seam doesn´t fit exact...

Thanks,
Last edited by Leandro Oliveira on 14 Sep 2009, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
------
Leandro Oliveira
www.leandrooliveira.com

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Tool similar to MAX Pro Cutter

Post by Hirazi Blue » 14 Sep 2009, 14:17

Not nearly as sophisticated (as far as I can tell) but you might want to take a look at "Xsi Shatter v4" from motionblur.it ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Leandro Oliveira
Posts: 45
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 18:58
Location: Brazil

Re: Tool similar to MAX Pro Cutter

Post by Leandro Oliveira » 14 Sep 2009, 14:42

Thanks, Hirazi! I´ll download it and make some tests.

Cheers.
------
Leandro Oliveira
www.leandrooliveira.com

User avatar
Leandro Oliveira
Posts: 45
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 18:58
Location: Brazil

Re: Tool similar to MAX Pro Cutter

Post by Leandro Oliveira » 14 Sep 2009, 14:55

Hi Hirazi. I liked it very much, but I´d like something similar to crack seams... The seams generated by the Shatter are planars and regular...

But thanks.
------
Leandro Oliveira
www.leandrooliveira.com

Leo
Posts: 128
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 15:06

Re: Tool similar to MAX Pro Cutter

Post by Leo » 14 Sep 2009, 15:39

Install the Legacy Netview addon. In there you'll find a shatteringscript that will do exactly what you want.

User avatar
Leandro Oliveira
Posts: 45
Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 18:58
Location: Brazil

Re: Tool similar to MAX Pro Cutter

Post by Leandro Oliveira » 14 Sep 2009, 16:18

Thanks, Leo! That´s it!
------
Leandro Oliveira
www.leandrooliveira.com