Softimage vs Blender
Freeze all transform






I skipped through some parts of documentationrray wrote:I think this looks more like a job for slice polygons.
A bit confused. Are you talking about knife tool here? [which also reads as "Slice Polygon Tool (Knife)" in alt+rmb context menu]rray wrote:;-) .. slice is great... If you slice from front view, first slice up, then second slice down, snapping to points, then the slices go in opposite directions. If you inspect both at once, you can have the result you want by adjusting one slider (offset).

Yes I meant knife. Some tools have a bit inconsistent naming =Dbottleofram wrote:A bit confused. Are you talking about knife tool here? [which also reads as "Slice Polygon Tool (Knife)" in alt+rmb context menu]
I guess that works, but isnt it much simpler to select the polygons, execute Slice Polygons command, set Nb Slices to 2 and adjust Spacing?
And while im at it, heres another question:
Can i slide/snap this edge accurately into the position indicated by the green line in some easy and intuitive way:
Simply snapping on the point while holding perpendicular axes works great when youre dealing with simple angles in object space, but once in local the workflow brakes.
Sorry to OP for highjacking the thread.
You can use the xsibase bug reporting thread for that. I think Chris still monitors it.Ok. Finally it is a bug of inset tool
Somebody can posted to Autodesk?
Interesting will be fixed through a year?