Hello,
I am looking to create a digital readout (similar to a digital cock or just numbers) that are controlled via the "y" position of a controller - maybe a cube or something. I would like to try this with ICE Modeling as I am trying to learn it. So far I have found this http://www.cgchannel.com/2012/04/video- ... fx-system/ where at minute 34 Marks uses a controller to change the speed of his characters...I am just trying to see how to use this method with creating text. I think I remember seeing a video or part of one where someone did this, but no luck finding it currently. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Digital Readout via ICE
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Digital Readout via ICE
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: Digital Readout via ICE
I don't think you can generate 3d text with ICE via string. What you could do would be to create individual objects for each number, and then display them via a Select in Array. So thinking quickly thru this: select them in order 0-9 and place in group. Round the null's y value so it is Floor, and pipe that into select in array. To get the values to repeat insert Modulo (10) inbetween. Hope that helps.
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Digital Readout via ICE
Ronald at Softimage made a space invaders game with a digital score board http://area.autodesk.com/downloads/plug ... e_Invaders
There is an image sequence with the digits 0 through 9.
I think the way it works is that there are sprites using that image sequence, and he changes the time of individual sprites.
There is an image sequence with the digits 0 through 9.
I think the way it works is that there are sprites using that image sequence, and he changes the time of individual sprites.
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: Digital Readout via ICE
I just made a quick test and in fact you can. Choose one of the options from the Model > Create > Text menu. Put an ICE tree on a separate null (to avoid cyclic dependency) and use it to set text_curve_object_name.crvlist.TextToCurveList.text.text -- you can't select that via the Explore button in Set Data but you can type it in.dwigfor wrote:I don't think you can generate 3d text with ICE via string.
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Digital Readout via ICE
Hi guys,
Thank you all for the ideas and suggestions. I am not to fluent with ICE modeling so I will try my best to see what I can come up with using this information.
Thanks.
Thank you all for the ideas and suggestions. I am not to fluent with ICE modeling so I will try my best to see what I can come up with using this information.
Thanks.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames