Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
gustavoeb
Moderator
Posts: 587
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
Skype: gustavoboehs

Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by gustavoeb » 08 Aug 2012, 17:49

some nice renders https://getteamup.com/

check out the team section, and look for some familiar faces :)
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

iamVFX
Posts: 697
Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by iamVFX » 08 Aug 2012, 17:58

So it's just a renderer? I thought it would be some sort of easy-to-use and fast SPH simulator with some rendering features...

User avatar
SamHowell
Posts: 364
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
Location: Birmingham

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by SamHowell » 09 Aug 2012, 17:38

It's all looking very cool and I can't wait to give it a try but I am slightly confused as to what Teamup actually is. Some kind of rendering Dropbox? Is it just rendering or something more? I guess all will be revealed at Sigraph. :-?

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by Hirazi Blue » 09 Aug 2012, 18:21

Well, the way it is being presented Multi-Optics™ (the name of the product) is a "renderer and real-time 3D collaboration" tool. But while a collaborative tool obviously needs the internet, this is setup as "Software as a service", being a "Cloud-based, monthly-paid service subscription". (Source)
As I dislike cloud schemes and they do not even support my trusty Opera browser, :p
that's one more beta I do not have to worry about anymore.

edit: quickly corrected myself...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Maximus
Posts: 1121
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by Maximus » 09 Aug 2012, 18:37

well it all comes down to how much it costs, despite i never liked the cloud system either and prolly i will never use this.

User avatar
dwigfor
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by dwigfor » 10 Aug 2012, 15:45

I got there late, but I was able to attend Thiago's TeamUp party on Tues. Missed most of his presentation, but he showed me some stuff afterwards. Some REALLY nice renders VERY fast. It allows you to collaborate with a client on the other side of the world; either user on mac or pc (I think linux too, but not sure) can make changes to the materials, settings. Everything is physically based and because it renders in cloud, it is very fast. So rather than meeting client, getting notes, implement and render over night, repeat; You can "work" with client collaboratively to achieve exactly what they want. You can also send text messages to each other. They do not currently support animations, just stills.

They are still working on pricing. I heard mentioned $80/ month - $100/month

If you've got some nice looking models and want to see some great renders of them (I thought hair looked particularly good), contact Thiago about getting on Beta. He seemed like a really nice guy and it was great to thank him for his contributions to SI community.

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by luceric » 10 Aug 2012, 16:22

I wonder what's different between this and, say, if the guys who make Maxwell decided to make it run on Amazon S3? multi-optics sounds like another physical light renderer

User avatar
ace63
Posts: 176
Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by ace63 » 10 Aug 2012, 16:24

Sigh - yet another renderer.
I'd rather have a proper Lagoa update

User avatar
gustavoeb
Moderator
Posts: 587
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
Skype: gustavoboehs

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by gustavoeb » 10 Aug 2012, 16:46

+2
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

thiagocosta
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 Jul 2009, 14:01
Location: Montreal QC

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by thiagocosta » 10 Aug 2012, 20:09

luceric wrote:I wonder what's different between this and, say, if the guys who make Maxwell decided to make it run on Amazon S3? multi-optics sounds like another physical light renderer
would be interesting if it actually runs on a storage service.

User avatar
csaez
Posts: 253
Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 13:31
Skype: csaezmargotta
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by csaez » 11 Aug 2012, 22:42


luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by luceric » 11 Aug 2012, 23:14

thiagocosta wrote:
luceric wrote:I wonder what's different between this and, say, if the guys who make Maxwell decided to make it run on Amazon S3? multi-optics sounds like another physical light renderer
would be interesting if it actually runs on a storage service.
right, I meant Amazon EC3 rather than S3

iamVFX
Posts: 697
Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by iamVFX » 12 Aug 2012, 08:59

luceric wrote:I wonder what's different between this and, say, if the guys who make Maxwell decided to make it run on Amazon S3?
I wonder what's different between this and, say, if the earth would look like a pile of cheese

SreckoM
Posts: 187
Joined: 24 Jul 2010, 22:18
Skype: srecko.micic

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by SreckoM » 12 Aug 2012, 14:37

I wonder what's different between this and, say, if the guys who make Maxwell decided to make it run on Amazon S3?
There is already something like that, for some time, called Felixrender.

Moderator edit: added the link - HB
- H -

Ramon
Posts: 111
Joined: 19 Aug 2010, 20:47

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by Ramon » 12 Aug 2012, 17:51

standalone render... Who use in work standalone render?

User avatar
Mathaeus
Posts: 1778
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Thiago's Teamup and Mr. Jones

Post by Mathaeus » 12 Aug 2012, 18:43

Ramon wrote:standalone render... Who use in work standalone render?
well, Softimage users probably won't need this, but not everyone has "Mental Ray school" :). Sometimes I think it wasn't that bad to live with this only one renderer, having no chance to avoid learning... Let's say, all that people who started 3d with zBrush, seems to be completely unable to learn rendering.
There's also a need for product shoots, archiviz, so on...BTW I've already assisted in setup and maintenance of few local online product's catalogs. User is able to see a nice render from a few points of view - pics are rendered in advance, but it's easy to update whole thing, once it's automated. For now, using Blender and it's internal engine. Anyway if Thiago and company will have something to offer, I know where to say a few nice words :)